New Member Information
Congratulations! You now share ownership in a successful not-for-profit electric distribution cooperative utility. The following materials will help you understand your ownership benefits and responsibilitites, plus help to answer any questions you may have about Oahe Electric Cooperative, Inc.
Oahe Electric delivers high quality, low-cost electric service to our local member-owners. As a Touchstone Energy cooperative, we are committed to meeting the highest standards of customer satisfaction. We do business with accountability, integrity, innovation and commitment to community. As an electric co-op, we are part of America’s most trusted network of high quality energy providers.
There's lots of information available here at oaheelectric.com, but also in print at our headquarters in Blunt, SD. If you have any questions about what you read here, please do not hesitate to call us at 605.962.6243, or toll-free at 800.640.6243. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for joining us, and Welcome to the Co-op Family!
- Application for Service (PDF) - please fill out your application and return it to the business office within 10 business days of receiving service. You can email it to email@example.com, fax it to 605.962.6306, or mail it to PO Box 216, Blunt, SD 57522.
- Basic Information (PDF) - The employees at Oahe Electric Cooperative, Inc. would like to take this opportunity to welcome you as members and consumers of Oahe Electric Cooperative, Inc. We put together this packet for new members to help them better understand how a cooperative works and the services that we offer.
- Automatic Bill Pay Application (PDF) - Members can take the headache out of paying bills by taking advantage of Oahe Electric's automatic bill payment plan. You can have your payment automatically deducted from your checking or savings account, or a credit or debit card.
- Operation Round Up Opt-Out Form (PDF) -The concept of Operation Round Up is rather simple. Each month when electric bills are prepared, statements are rounded up to the nearest whole dollar. The difference between the billing and the actual cost of consumed electricity for the month is placed into a fund. For example, if your electric bill was $100.35, you would pay $101.00 with $0.65 going to Operation Round Up. The maximum any customer can contribute in a year is $11.88 ($0.99 times 12 months).This money is then disbursed for charitable and educational purposes. Your community, your school and your non profit organizations may be eligible to receive these funds! That's one of the great things about it; the money stays local! Together we can make a difference! To learn more about the program, click here.
- Rebates and Incentives (PDF) - Oahe Electric has a very attractive incentive and rebate plan available to it's consumers. Here is a list of what we offer.
- By-laws (PDF) - last amended September 20, 2008
- SD One Call - Use South Dakota One Call to locate underground utilities before you dig. Click here to learn more.
- Co-op Connections Program - Touchstone Energy’s free membership card offers cooperative members more than 24,000 local and national deals on products and services. There are over 37 million cards and key fobs in use in communities across the country. To learn more, click here.